Chad M. Nicholson
Chad M. Nicholson is a key litigator for MWSS+. His background in criminal law and prosecutorial duties in Washington State provided him with significant courtroom experience prior to joining the firm. Working independently as well as in collaboration with our principals, Chad has proven himself adept in both the preparation phase of litigation as well as the process of trial law – from either side of the courtroom.
Chad has expertise in personal injury and medical malpractice claims, employment matters, and commercial litigation, including general business, construction and real estate. For more than a decade Chad has represented individuals who have been injured in accidents, from medical negligence or because of defective products. In the business and employment arena, Chad is knowledgeable and experienced in a variety of matters including sexual harassment claims, age, disability and other discrimination claims, Family Medical Leave Act claims, non-competition and non-disclosure agreements, and wrongful termination claims. Outside the courtroom, Chad regularly negotiates and drafts employment contracts, employee manuals, non-competition agreements and non-disclosure agreements.
Chad grew up in Oregon before attending Northwest Nazarene University in Nampa, Idaho. After completing law school at Gonzaga University in Spokane, Washington, Chad began his practice in the Seattle, Washington area. He settled in Boise in 2006 and today enjoys golf, snow sports, hunting and following his son’s football and wrestling teams at Bishop Kelly High School. Chad is also on the board of directors for the non-profit organization Gates of Hope, which provides the tools for sustainable growth to individuals and communities in both Africa and the United States.
Areas of Expertise
- Personal injury
- Medical malpractice
- Employment law
- Commercial litigation
What Our Clients Say
Trade associations leadership and membership:
- Idaho State Bar
- Idaho State District Courts, Idaho Court of Appeals, Idaho Supreme Court
- S. District Court for the District of Idaho
- Idaho Trial Lawyers Association
- American Inns of Court
- Human Resources Association of Treasure Valley
- Boise Metro Chamber of Commerce
- Gonzaga University School of Law Alumni Association
- 2014 – Present: Attorney, McConnell, Wagner, Sykes + Stacey PLLC
- 2012 – 2014: Attorney, Meuleman Mollerup LLP
- 2006 – 2012 General Practice of Law in Idaho
- 2004 – 2006 Deputy Prosecuting Attorney, Kitsap County, Washington