Geoff McConnell is one of the firm’s founders and regularly serves as counsel in contract negotiations, litigation, arbitration and mediation activities for MWSS+ clients. He has represented owners, general contractors, subcontractors, and design professionals in matters involving construction law and in lawsuits and other disputes on public and private construction projects up to $200 million. He also represents business entities and public entities in significant commercial disputes and other matters. He is regularly recognized as a leading practitioner amongst his peers and, in addition to his work in the construction and public law fields, he is often called upon to counsel real estate developers in all manners of disputes concerning the development of property.
Because Geoff holds bar membership in California (since 1986) and Utah (since 2000) in addition to Idaho (admitted 1993), he is sought out in cases with interstate activity or cross-jurisdictional considerations. He is also an expert in the preparation of contract forms and general conditions including conventional and design/build construction and design services forms for nationwide owner/developers, contractors and design/builders.
Geoff ventured coast to coast before settling in Idaho in the early 1990s, starting his life in the New York area where he spent five years as a professional truck driver before earning his undergraduate degree at Bucknell University in Pennsylvania and then heading West to California for law school and a six-year career stint. Here in Boise he enjoys family life with his wife and four daughters and has volunteered with Recreation Unlimited, the Adaptive Snowsports School at Bogus Basin Resort for the past 15 years.
Areas of Expertise
- Construction law
- Commercial litigation
- Government contract law
What Our Clients Say
Trade associations leadership and membership:
- Idaho Associated General Contractors
- American Bar Association, Section on Public Contract Law and the Forum on the Construction Industry
- LEGUS, International Network of Law Firms
- Litigation Counsel of America, Fellow, Trial Lawyers (former member)
- Best Lawyers: Lawyer of the Year (Boise) 2017, Construction
- Best Lawyers: Lawyer of the Year 2013, Litigation – Construction
- Martindale-Hubbell “AV” Peer Review Rated Attorney
- Mountain States Super Lawyers 2009-present
- Best Lawyers in America 2008-present
- 2014 – Present: Partner, McConnell Wagner Sykes + Stacey PLLC
- 1993 – 2014: Partner, Meuleman Mollerup LLP
- 1987 – 1993: Gibbs, Giden, Locher & Turner, Los Angeles, California