Tried and true. Collectively, we have over 80 years of experience practicing construction law and are recognized as some of the leading construction lawyers in the Northwest. Whether you are a contractor, supplier, owner or developer, you will be represented by attorneys who are completely integrated in construction law and the construction industry.
Through our many years of experience and active participation in construction industry trade associations we maintain a working knowledge of critical business and legal issues affecting the construction industry. This firsthand industry knowledge eliminates the cost and time of a “learning curve” and allows our attorneys to provide effective legal advice from your first contact through resolution. From the Flying WYE case to the Hole at 8th and Main in downtown Boise to the Tamarack foreclosure trial, the construction attorneys at MWSS+ have successfully represented our clients in many of the most important construction cases to take place in Idaho during this millennium.
What Our Clients Say
We excel in key aspects of the building industry, including:
- From bid protests to commissioning and post-construction warranty issues our construction attorneys have litigated virtually every issue confronting the construction industry
- Construction defect litigation
- Identifying, preparing and presenting requests for equitable adjustment and other construction claims
- Construction insurance claims
- Drafting and editing all construction related documentation and agreements regardless of payment structure (i.e., fixed price, time and material, cost-plus, cost-plus with guaranteed maximum price, unit price agreements, etc.) or the type of project delivery system (i.e., design-bid build, design build, construction management, engineering procurement and construction (“EPC”), engineering procurement and construction management (“EPCM”), etc.)
- Experience and familiarity with form construction agreements including those produced by the American Institute of Architects (“AIA”), the Associated General Contractors of America (“AGC”), Consensus Docs, Design-Build Institute of America (“DBIA”), Engineers Joint Contract Documents Committee (“EJCDC”), International Federation of Consulting Engineers (“FIDIC”), Joint Contracts Tribunal (“JCT”), Institution of Civil Engineers (“ICE”), etc.
- Filing and litigating construction lien and bond claims through foreclosure
- Surety and indemnification
- Scheduling and delay claims